Are you someone who enjoys getting systems to talk to each other? Do you like working out intricate ways of getting things from A to B? Are you the sort of person who would take pride in the mass of different (and tidy) cables behind your TV that you’ve used to connect all of your AV equipment together?
A friendly, social and ethical organisation in Leeds, currently undergoing a large Transformation programme, is looking for an Integration Developer to find and build the most efficient and fit-for-purpose ways to get their legacy systems to connect and communicate with their new ERP.
Integration Developer role
- You’ll be joining a friendly and sociable development team, working on a large transformation programme
- You will work with architects, working within their High-Level Designs, to find and build integration solutions
- You will be working with Dell Boomi, but may also have exposure to other ESB technologies
- You’ll be working with a variety of different systems which communicate in a variety of ways (e.g. Web Services/APIs/Integration Frameworks) – working out how they communicate externally, and what data they send and receive
- You’ll be helping deliver during a period of Agile transformation, working for an organisation which makes a real difference to lives in the UK
- You’ll be empowered to put your stamp on the role and stand up for what you believe, challenging your peers, your team and architects where appropriate, and knowing both when and how to put your views across
- You’ll always have one eye on the bigger picture, and be aware of the potential impact of the work you’re doing across the information systems estate
- You’ll have a real appetite for continuous improvement, always spotting opportunities to improve the way you work
Integration Developer Skills and experience
- You will have previous experience developing system integration solutions, and be passionate about the work you do
- You will be proficient with SQL Server, and in XML (including interpreting and building XSDs/XSLTs)
- You will have demonstrable experience with at least one ESB technology (Dell Boomi would be a massive bonus, but others such as MuleSoft, WebSphere, Oracle, WebMethods would be helpful)
- You will have experience in working with Web Services and APIs
- You will be a natural and tenacious problem solver, with strong analytical skills
- You will be a strong team player, driven to overcome obstacles and help the team achieve its goals
- You’ll have an analytical mind and be detail-focused
- Agile exposure would be beneficial
Quality-driven, ethical company, committed to delivering excellent products that change lives positively. They are going through a period of transformation, and as such there is an excellent opportunity to shape the future direction of the business
They actively promote a flexible working, family-friendly policy, with a GENUINE 35-hour week.
Salary is c. £38,000+ bonus + health + pension + 24 days’ holiday + family-friendly, flexible working environment
*This role has now been filled, but is typical of the sort of role we frequently recruit for. Please get in touch for details of similar roles*