Are you an experienced developer, with fantastic technical and communication skills, ready to step up into an architecture role? Or maybe you’re a solutions architect, who wants to be given more ownership and responsibility?
One of Leeds’ most respected financial services organisations is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their architecture team. Covering application, integration, data, infrastructure and security architecture, you’ll be the design authority on projects, whilst also feeding into the organisation’s Enterprise architecture direction.
Systems Architect role
- You’ll own the solution design on a number of exciting projects and changes, and be the creator and custodian of the architecture definition documentation
- You’ll be the go-to person for technical design queries
- You’ll talk about technical detail with developers and specialists, but be able to break down complex technical concepts for business stakeholders
- You’ll be able to influence and get buy-in for your designs, from technical and business users alike
- You’ll have a solid understanding of multiple tools, technologies and capabilities, understand their pros and cons, and have an appreciation of the right tool for the right job
- You’ll be inclusive and use the team around you to input into, and refine your approach, but balance that with getting things done
- You’ll work on a variety projects and internal team improvements
- You’ll be expected to pragmatically balance best-practice with a number of environmental factors (e.g. existing solutions, technical capability, organisational structure)
Systems Architect Skills & Experience
- You’ll be working as an integration or solutions architect or be a senior developer with a strong background in object orientated design, abstraction, loose coupling and a solid knowledge of technical design patterns
- An excellent and articulate communicator, presenter, influencer and negotiator, and able to build strong relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You’ll have worked in an environment which delivers successful projects
- Knowledgeable in a wide number of technologies, methodologies, tools approaches and languages. Particularly of interest are: .NET, SQL server, Dell Boom, UML, Sparx EA
- TOGAF accreditation would be a bonus
Well-established, respected and ethical organisation, based in offices in Leeds City Centre.
You’ll be operating in a small but supportive, fun and sociable team, with knowledgeable people who value the work they do, and the difference it makes.
Competitive salary + excellent benefits package, including true 35 hour week, 24 days’ holiday, rising to 29, pension, health scheme
For more information, or to apply, contact Anthony Ackers on 0113 3609700 or complete the form below and we'll be in touch!