We are searching on an exclusive basis for an experienced Systems Accountant to join a Leeds legend in the construction industry.
This is a highly responsible position, to be the bridge between technical and non-technical folk, and to solve Accountants’ challenges using the power of technology.
Systems Accountant role & responsibilities
- You’ll be highly visible, and be the bridge that makes the accountancy systems run smoothly
- You’ll take ownership of any issues accountants are having (reporting etc.), and work with the IT team to get the job done
- You’ll have exposure and input in some really interesting projects; brand new ERP system implementation and a new payroll system, to name a couple
- You’ll have overall responsibility of the financial reporting system
- You’ll have a holistic view of projects and deadlines, and be able to anticipate any road bumps, working with stakeholders at all levels to ensure smooth delivery
- You’ll be a natural problem-solver, and really enjoy using your knowledge of accounting systems to resolve technical issues
- You’ll be making a difference in a nationally-known manufacturing legend, and true Yorkshire success story
Systems Accountant requirements
- Strong experience in administering, supporting and developing finance systems
- You’ll need to speak the same language as Accountants, so a qualification/part-qualification in Accountancy would be ideal
- Equally, you need to communicate at a technical level with the IT team (SQL would be helpful)
- Problem solver and technically-minded
- Exceptionally organised – you’ll have great Project Management skills, be able to spot any glaring issues (such as scheduling project kick off meetings for month end!), and know when to escalate when necessary
- Enjoys working for a company with a tangible product
Leeds legend in the construction industry, which is proud of its ‘family’ culture.
You’ll have plenty of opportunities for ownership, and to play a pivotal role in the financial side of the business.
Competitive basic salary of c.£40,000 + car + bonus + pension + health care + flexible working.
For more information, or to apply, contact Claire Ackers on 0113 3609700, or fill in the form below and we'll be in touch.