Lead Environment Engineer / Release Engineer
Are you an Environment Engineer who wants to make more of an impact, both in the types of projects you work on and delivering real change in the business? We’re recruiting for a Leeds-based company that changing the lives of UK citizens for the better.
You’ll be joining a strong, sociable Environments and Release team, in Leeds City Centre offices. We’re looking for a proactive Environment Engineer who can make a real impact, and is energised by a period of Agile transformation.
Lead Environment Engineer role
- You’ll be joining a well-established Environment Engineering function, well-respected by the business
- You’ll be leading the team, mentoring dedicated Engineers and leading the workstream
- You’ll work with key stakeholders, including Change and Release Managers to ensure projects are delivered smoothly and on schedule
- You’ll have ownership of the QA and Support environments, and all technical configuration requirements
- You’ll be helping deliver during a period of Agile transformation, making a real difference in one of the UK’s best respected charities
- You’ll be a ‘considerate disruptor’ – be able to build bridges, push and cajole as appropriate
- You’ll be a real leader, proactive and innovative, and in return be valued, listened to and challenged
Lead Environment Engineer Skills and experience
- Experienced Environment Engineer or Release Engineer in a complex commercial company
- Leadership and mentoring abilities, or ready to take a step up into this role
- Able to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent project management abilities, including resource planning for the whole project pipeline
- You’ll be able to understand any technical configuration required for projects, including web applications, data, users and security
Quality-driven, ethical company, committed to delivering excellent products that change lives positively. They are going through a period of transformation, and as such there is an excellent opportunity to shape the future direction of the business
They actively promote a flexible working, family-friendly policy
Salary is up to £38,000+ bonus + health + pension + 26 days’ holiday + family-friendly, flexible working environment.
*This role has now been filled, but is typical of the sort of role we frequently recruit for. Please get in touch for details of similar roles*